Monday, October 1, 2007

SAL on the tower



Today was a productive day. Sometimes you just have to relax and today was a day for that. Other than the regular housework and laundry thing...I had a great day.
Thank you all for your comments. I had too much on my plate. I am getting back on track and the Tour des Marques is one thing that was neglected. I managed to put a few stitches on it and I enjoyed it a lot.

The Halloween is a piece that my Mom did and I finished it for her yesterday. I love how it turned out.!!!
I do most of her finishes for her now. It's easier for me here at home. Her room is small so all the finishing supplies are stored here. I laced this and put quilting batting under it and covered the back with Mat board added the ribbon to hang it before I put the back on.

She Hangs these on her door at the retirement center where she lives and people are always looking for a new piece.
It is so nice to hear from you and I look forward to your comments. Have a great day and stitch with happy fingers.

11 comments:

tkdchick said...

Beatrice TdM looks great... I even worked on mine today too!

Your Mom's halloweene piece looks great!

Teejay said...

I have to hand it to you, Tour De Marques is a very difficult stitch and it is coming along nicely. The Halloween piece that you and your mom collaborated on is so adorable!

chiloe said...

The halloween piece is so nice. I always loved halloween ! I don't think I could do the Tour de Marques: it seems there is a lot of colors changes !!! But it's going to be stunning once it's completed.

Choko said...

Halloween pieace is so cute!I love it ,too.

barb said...

I really like the finish you did for Adrianna's "Hallowe'en. She always amazes me!

Your "TOUR" is progressing nicely.

Little Grey Cat said...

Those are just so lovely. You are very talented. I love seeing how you finish yours and your mums pieces.

Vonna said...

How sweet that your Mom does those up for her door at her home! I think that is a great idea :)
TDM is looking smashing :)
I hopeful I'll have just a little house work and then a "down" day as well....well until the big three come home from school and then it is GAME ON as usual! :)

Becky K in OK said...

Love the way you finished your mom's Halloween piece.

Mary Ann said...

Great progress on TdM! And I LOVE your mom's Halloween piece!! The stitching and the finishing are both wonderful!

Lynn said...

Good progress on your TdM.
I love your Mom's Halloween piece!
And you've finished it off so nicely!!

Kathy A. said...

You did a great job finishing Adriana's Halloween. I am glad to see you are making some progress on Tour. Hang in there
Hugs