Friday, November 21, 2008

Three things...

1]...Over the retreat weekend I finished stitching the Lizzy Kate Christmas Spirit Double flip it's.
I had so much fun stitching this. I added the charms today. And I will make it into a Bell pull/Banner next week!



2]...Oma honored me with this lovely award. "Thank You". I can't pass it on because I can't pick just a few so consider ALL of my readers " Kreativ Bloggers."


3]...I was tagged by Suzanne! She wanted to know 6 things about me.
So here goes...

1...I lived in Baghdad when I was in my early teens { my father ran a line in a shoe factory there.}
2...I was a commercial fisherperson in Florida in the mid 70s {had our own boat}
3...I'm a retired Barber {worked at the same chair for 24 years}
4...Ice Cream is my favorite food { tough when you are watching your weight as I am}
5...Love to sing {2 choirs..one church and one Jazz /Pop}
6...I have no children but I have Nieces & Nephews and they have kids. { my DH has 7 grand children}...so I can play grandma

Well there it is!
I ask anyone who would like to post a bit about themselves we would love to know 6 things about you too!

Stitch with happy fingers and have a great weekend!!

19 comments:

Tracy said...

It's so adorable, good job!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finish it looks great! Better in person!

Bette said...

Your Lizzie Kate is really cute. And you've led such a varied life. I'm a little bit envious.

Nancy said...

Great to hear about you. I love the stitching, Great Job. That will make a great bell pull.
Have a great day.
Nancy

staci said...

Your L*K finish is wonderful, congrats! And congrats on your award too :)

Redwitch said...

Love your LK finish - congrats!

Interesting jobs you've done too, you are multi-talented!

Wendy said...

Nice work!

Sonda in OR said...

That looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the bellpull finish.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your LK finish, it's really beautiful.

Looks like you all had such a great time at the retreat.

Thanks for sharing all those things about yourself!

Irene said...

It looks great !

Stitchingranny said...

Lovely finish of the LK.

Re the 6 things - please can I ask a question.

Over here a Barber is someone who cuts mens hair whilst a hairdresser is someone who cuts ladies hair. Is that the same in Canada or did you do ladies hair?
Just being nosey but i know that sometimes words can have slightly different meanings in different parts of the world.

Cindy F. said...

~~HAPPY DANCE~~ Congrats on your pretty finish! Good job!
Wow, you have lead a very exciting life!

Carol said...

Your Double Flips look just gorgeous!

Heidi said...

That is just so adorable and will make a great bellpull. Congratulations!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a wonderful piece, congratulations on finishing it. The retreat looks like it was lots of fun.

Franny said...

Beatrice, your bell pull looks fantastic! You did a wonderful job. I have posted 6 things about me on my blog.
http://littlebitsofinterest.blogspot.com

Candi said...

Oh my!!! I have the same pattern by Lizzie Kate to stitch. I have all the threads and fabric, I can't wait to start. It looks great!
~*Candi*~

Carolien said...

Hello Beatrice, your Lizzie Kate looks really nice!!!

Have a nice day & groeten uit Holland, Carolien

Wendy said...

Your L*K looks great, Beatrice! And very interesting 'facts' too :-D