Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blackwork...May ornament

This little Elephant is stitched on 32ct evenweave as my May ornament. It was a very rainy day today and when it wasn't raining I couldn't go out side because of the humidity and mosquito's.

So I pretty much stayed in and stitched. I realized that I hadn't done an ornament for May. So here he is. The pattern was given to me on Thursday. I collect Elephants so I had to do him. He is pretty I think.

Have a good weekend and stitch with happy fingers.

10 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Beatrice - he is sooo handsome and just under the wire!!! Gotta love it

Teejay said...

Pret-ty cool! Have you seen the dragon dreams blackwork, oh so inspiring.

Carolien said...

What a beautiful elephant, Beatrice, I think Fleur will be jealous!!! :)

Have a nice Sunday & groetjes,
Carolien

Kim B said...

That is one beautiful elephant!

Heidi said...

This is amazing Beatrice! What a unique design and great fun. Any day with rain is a great day to stitch so why not use humidity as an excuse too. Of course, I look for any excuse to sit and stitch or quilt. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Suzanne said...

I love your elephant. Did you just use simple back stitch or did you use the Holbein stitch?

We have lots of raining weather at the moment and it's an excellent excuse to stay inside and stitch!

AnnMcD said...

Wow you did that one up fast Beatrice!

Lynn said...

I think that's the most elegant elephant I've ever seen! Beautiful job Beatrice!

Stitchingranny said...

Oh he is lovely, may I ask who the design is by as I too collect Elephants.

Rowyn said...

Awww, love your black work elephant. Cute.