Monday, January 14, 2008

Back at it!



This is what it looked like the last time I looked at it!









I don't know what hit me this week , But I decided I needed to take out a few UFO's and have a look at one I will finish..The Nordic Angel won. She is really very pretty and I do love this chart by Barbara Baatz. I've had it floating around for over a year. So here is my progress .



I also worked on the MG. This is very interesting to work on. I'm needing a magnifier to see the holes. The color makes it hard to see. It's not real dark just different!

My BFF Kathy was here yesterday and stitched with my Mom and I. It was so good to see her. We even stitched together today at Ann's and will stitch tomorrow at Judie's.
We needed to catch up with one another. It was fun. She stitches alone in Yuma . No stitchers there.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I'm off to the choir practice tonight. Boy the weather is bad again. I'm getting a lift from a couple that are members as well . I'm glad I don't have to drive, it's snowing again!
Stitch with happy fingers!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Your angel is a great project to get working on again! And very nice progress on MG too :-D

Anonymous said...

This piece is really beautiful, I'm glad you took it out.

You should check into a lap light. It sits in your lap like a tray but is lighted up so the fabric that you are holding above your lap has a light shining up through the holes from underneath it. I think Joann fabrics sells these I am not sure. It is called an uplight. Here is a link so you can see what I mean:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3711&PRODID=prd29511&source=search

Becky K in OK said...

Your Nordic Angel is beautiful. Can't wait to see her come alive under your needle. So true about the 1977-2007 piece. Sadly, I remember all too well!

Veronica said...

Yup, Nordic Angel is pretty. Would love to see it grow. Great progress on MG ^^

Carolien said...

Both works look good, Beatrice!

Greetings, Carolien

Sue said...

Your stitching looks great and you are making great progress ;)

Unknown said...

The Nordic angel is beautiful! Is that a reindeer? I MUST show my mom & grandma when you're done ;-)

stitcherw said...

They both look wonderful, nice progress. I hadn't seen Nordic Angel before, she'll be lovely.
Sue

Lynn said...

How nice that you were able to have a visit with Kathy. I know she missed all of you.
I love Barbara Baatz works. I have a book with quite a few of her faeries and some of her angel charts. Now that I see how lovely your WIP looks it makes me want to get started on one of hers!