Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Time....

.....to show you the clock I made!

This was a little chart that Kathy A. gave me and this is how it turned out..Isn't it fun!!!
I bought a cheap clock and took it apart..ahemmm I mean my DH did...
And then we put it together again with this cute piece I stitched into it.




I have been doing some other stitching and this is from the 2007 ornament issue.
The chart is a Sweetheart Tree. I added the little heart and my initial to make it my own.
The fabric is 28ct white opalescence evenweave .




Kathy and I went on a road trip today and stopped at a couple of fabric shops . This is what I came home with...
This Halloween piece grabbed me as I was going out the door and wouldn't let me leave without it. I bought a half a meter. I have no idea at this time what I'll do with it but something will come up!
The mauve fabric is to finish my Paradigm Lost...it's so close to being done. Probably tomorrow.
I'll post it when it is.
I plan on turning it into a table cloth and the colour of this is perfect for it. It has some gold shiny stuff on it and I love bling!

The white is a pretty sparklie piece for a cushion.
I have my sewing cut out for me.

We had a great day!!
Now back to my PL...see you soon.
Stitch with happy fingers and have a good weekend!

12 comments:

Oma said...

Really cute clock and love the Sweetheart Tree banner. Your fabric purchases are very nice.

Silverlotus said...

Your clock finish is great. I've been meaning to try one for years, and it never occurred to me to take apart a regular clock. I thought I would have to find a special one.

I love the Sweetheart Tree finish, too.

Becky K in OK said...

Great clock finish and fabric purchases. What a fun day you must have had shopping with Kathy A.

kimstitch3 said...

love the clock, too cute

Mich said...

Prachtig idee van die klok !!

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, what a great finishing idea. I love this clock.
Seeing all your new fabrics reminds me of the fact that it's way too long since I went fabric shopping. I feel a new shopping spree coming up, lol.

Kathy A. said...

We had a great day didnt we! I love that Halloween fabric too!!!

Ranae said...

I just love the clock finish.
And love that spooky fabby too
take care!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh Beatrice I can't wait to see your finished PL!

Your ornament is lovely and the clock really cute! See you on Friday!

Cindy F. said...

What a fun clock!! Love the little motifs on it:)
and your Sweetheart Tree is sooo pretty:)
Great fabric choices too!
I know you girls had a great day together:)

Joyus said...

Wow, I'm loving that halloween fabric, it's just gorgeous!

Lovely cute clock too, you have been busy :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

THAT is the CUTEST clock I've ever seen :)