Monday, August 18, 2008

What Fun !!!!


Well I know I can't say this enough...what fun we had.
Thank you so much Ann for once again hosting this great get together!



Dani has posted a wonderful photo of the group! Great shot Dani!



I will show here a few of the photo's I took. We had a big rack of all the ladies finished and WIP's. It was a wonderful way to display all of the beautiful pieces.


Can you see this display of food..Yup it was Awesome. Don't you just love pot luck? This is only one side of the counter the other side was hot foods...I couldn't get near it to take a photo . There was a desert table too!



This is a small group if ladies sitting in the breeze.
I moved around a bit and sat with everyone for awhile. It is so much fun to see ladies that I hadn't met before. And certainly wonderful to see those that we see once a year again! There were 22 ladies in all!


Clare came a long way and didn't know any of us and it was great to meet her. She reads our blogs now we'll get her to comment once in awhile to keep in touch.????? There were also a few local shoppers that came to stitch for a bit as well.
I had a great visit with the out of towner's after supper. The local ladies went home but I hung in there until 11:30 pm. I only live 15 min. away.
I did get a bit of stitching done...hmmm more pumpkins. I won't show it now until it's finished!

Thanks again Ann!
Have a great day and stitch with happy fingers!

18 comments:

Annemarie said...

It looks and sounds like you had a perfect day, Beatrice! Love the pictures. I'm getting more and more fond of this stitcher's get-together idea. The drooling (well, not literally, that would be such a waste) over other people's stitching, sharing thoughts and ideas that, quite frankly, no-one else is interested in :o)

Ranae said...

I am now green with envy.
Wonderful photo's and look at all that food and that beautiful stitching. I recognize a couple.

Velda said...

I'm sooooooooo jealous! What amazing photos *pout*

Lynn said...

Wish I could have been there! Looks like it was an amazing time. I am looking forward to the upcoming SAL though. It's great fun and a great way to de-stress!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Beatrice,

Looks like the day of stitching
at Ann's was a blast!! Seeing
all the projects finished and
WIPs would have been wonderful.
I love looking at other people's
stitching.

And OMG!! Look at that food
table. What a feast!! You're
so right. There's nothing like
a pot luck dinner.

Considering the weather we've
had for most of this summer
it's nice that you had such
nice hot weather for the
occasion. And no rain!!

All in all it looks like
everyone had a marvelous
time.

Cheers!!

Veronica said...

I'm so jealous! I wanna be there too. Everyone's work is beautiful and the food... mmm... ^.^

Carolien said...

What a nice meeting this must have been! And how nice to see the results of all the ladies together, it's quite an amount of stitchwork together ...

Have a great day and yes! stitch with happy fingers.

Hugs, Carolien

P.S. I will show you some pictures of the Efteling soon, we have been there 2 years ago. When you said that you had memories of the Efteling I thought that might be nice ... You'll see :)

Wendy said...

What a fantastic display of WIP's and finishes! I would have been gazing there for hours on end. It sounds like a wonderful get-together and I was so sorry to have missed it :-(

Bette said...

What fun! I truely miss the group of stitchers I met with back in PA. The stitching looks beautiful and the food tempting.

Nancy said...

What beautiful stitching. Wow. We have a Gold Wing bike so I recognize that. Ours is triked now. The food also looks great. What a fun time for all of you.
Nancy

stitcherw said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, and all the stitching looks fantastic, fun display. Your flip its are looking great as well, great progress.
Sue

Anonymous said...

What a lovely array of needlework addiction, just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like you all had a great time Beatrice. That food looks scrummy!

Stitchingranny said...

Glad you all had a fun time.

Dani - tkdchick said...

It was a great day! At least one of us remembered an important picture ... the food!

I look forward to seeing you on the long weekend!

Anonymous said...

It was a great day and I enjoyed meeting all of you talented ladies - you have inspired me start my stitching again - i will have lovely finished projects for next years retreat - I hope........
Clare

Hazel said...

Awww looks like you had a great day. x

Heidi said...

What a fun time this must have been! It is great to meet up with those who share our passion. I think that the food buffet alone made the day perfect. Yummy! :) I spied some of your stitching in those photos.

Hugs ~
Heidi